Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to decide area for a leteral BJT for bandgap reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajblr

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
i am designing a BGR of a sub-1-v range and i am struck at choosing the area for BJT. I am using parasitic BJT and i am sure how to define the area for BJT's. Can any one provide me some information or some materila on this. Also can any one give me how to simulate the BGR completely.

TIA
raags

Re: How to decide area for a leteral BJT for bandgap referen

Assuming you are using TSMC, use pnp10 as beta is high for this...

hi sreida ,
My question is how to size the BJT for bandgap reference design. If u have any material it will be of great use for me.

TIA
raags

Here a lot of papers.

See file 200410CICC_Vrefdesign.pdf. Usually ratio is 1:8, but especially for low voltage design frequently 1:24, 1:48 and ever 1:80 is used (array 3*3,5*5,...). Large ratio gives u an oportunity to make PTAT less sensitive to resistor mismatches and to offset of error amplifier (EA).
Do DC sweep over temperature&supply ranges, AC analisys (stability of EA), TRAN, in additition(check stability), PSSR (XF analisys in spectre), MONTECARLO and NOISE is in awards. Take into account the load capacitance as much as expected.

First, sorry I am not helping on this topic. I do have a question on bandgap fabricated on CMOS technology. Why we always work with a BJT but not simply a P+ to n-well diode that can be obtained from PMOS device? Any reason behind? Please let me know if you guys know it :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.