Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to deal with the huge simulation file using hspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newhand

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all:
Now I am working on the simulation of the whole chip(a buck dc-dc) using the star-hspice,I came across a problem that the simulation file is so big(usually >1Gb),I have used the ".option probe" to save the point I need to investigate,but still the file is large,I remember that there are some options in hspice that enables the function that stores the point every specified time,but I forgot now,could somebody know that or give me some other tips about that?
Thanks a lot.

do you mean
.options post brief

".option brief" just suppress the printout information,it seems not helping reducing the simulation file~~

Reactions: eebian

eebian

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

do u want to store the values for all the nodes ? If u r doing transient analysis u can use .op <time1> <time2> <time3> ...
.tran 1n 100n
.op 10n 20n 30n 40n...

this will make hspice to print the values for all the nodes.

Hope this helps. If not plz explain in detail abt wht u want.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back