Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to deal with the huge gds file for stream in, drc, lvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

delida2008

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have a huge gds file for one digital design, and when stream it into virtuoso, this tool will smash, anyone have a practical method to deal with such huge gds file?

thanks in advance,
Delida

Re: how to deal with the huge gds file for stream in, drc, l

I...a have used the file .def in Virtuoso.
Try see if the version of the Soc-Encounter and Virtuoso are the same.

Define "huge". I've streamed GDS2's in the tens of GB no problem, but of course I was in 64 bit mode on a machine with 72GB or more of RAM. How much memory in your computer? 64bit mode?

If you have limited memory you might try only merging the cells you need to see. I.e., leave out IO cells, macros, or things you don't need to work with in Virtuoso.

If you have oasis support convert the GDS to Oasis which produces a file about 10x smaller. If you need a convertor, just use the freeware KLAYOUT. It can handle massive files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back