Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to deal with gated clock in Synopsys Formality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I compiled some gated clocks in my design, and when I do formal verification, the gated clock cells are in unmatch cell list, how can I tell Formality about the gated clock setting?

Regards,

if u have used DC to synthesize, dump out the svf file and read in to the formality which will take care of all the optimizations done in dc,
if not u can make a try , write the following commands to a file and read tat file in to formality with read_svf command
guide_environment \
{ { clock_gating latch_and } }

I used DC to compile the design and dumped the svf file too, after Formality reading the svf file, it wrote a file(svf.txt) that contants the statement "guide_environment \
{ { clock_gating latch_and } }", so I don't get the reason why Formality still doesn't pass the verification.

A clock gate is a new state point to Formality, you need to find the command to tell Formality to flatten the clock gate or make it a pass through cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back