Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to de-embed bondwires of TRL kit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ees

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am making a TRL kit in order to measure the s-parameters of a bare-die transistor. I was wondering - is there a way to not only de-embed the transmission lines but also to de-embed the bondwires that bond the device to the transmission lines? Is there some modification I can do to the TRL kit in order to incorporate the bondwires?
I can approximate the bondwires in simulation and de-embed them there i guess, but I wanted to know if we can do this practically.

Thanks!

sort trl calibration

You will have one configuration for measuring die with bond wires. Beneath that on the same substrate you will only measure the gate bond wires. Then beneath that you will only measure the drain bond wires. All this is on the same substrate so it is easy to get the same bond wire profile. Once you have measured all three configurations you can use a linear simulator (I prefer Microwave Office) to de-embed the bond wire s2p from the die measurement. Jmicrotech (see picture) sells the stuff you need to do this or you can make your own on thin flim alumina.

You could also embded the s2p files into the VNA calibration set using the Maury Microwave fixture program. I have also written a VNA2MWO interface that is handy for this sort of thing.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

ees

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back