Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create Castellated SMT pads using Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,
I want to create SMD mountable daughter boards for my PCB'S. I am using altium designer & want to know how to create Castellated SMT pads using altium...

Is there any special setting available to make this kind of pads?

Regards
Udhay

Can you not just use a plated hole with pad and place the center on the board edge? I'm not sure, but I don't think you'll be able to make a half plated hole.

Then again Altium has suprised me before with some of their stuff.

I don't use Altium enough to know for sure, but I know in other CAD you would just make it as you would a plated through hole and center it on the edge. I would put a note on the fab drawing for your intentions or contact them to ask about what note you should put in there.

Hope it helps

Better ask you fabricator as how he needs the information.
You can do it whichever way it is understandable to him.

Just place full vias so the board outline goes thru the center of the vias. No need for any extra note for the fab house.
They will fabricate the PCB exactly the way you design (what they see on the gerbers) - place the vias and route them so only half of vias are left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back