Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to create a very small circular shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeros

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

I'm making a very special PCB board (USING CADENCE ALLEGRO PCB) in which I have rectangular pads of 20 um x 20 um. what is special with that board is that its substrate will be made by glass and it has just one metal layer. Now I have to design a circular shapes of 25 um as a diameter in order to superpose them exactly on the pads that I have, those circular shapes will be used later in a flip chip processing.

I was not able to make those circles, Allegro do not allow me to design such small ones :-(

Does any one has a an idea please

Thanks

Did you try this in Pad Editor of Allegro? Because I just tried it and can make 25uM circular pad no problem.

M

Look in setup and You might wanna select millimetre instead of mills and then choose 4 digits as accuracy.

Hi majnoun,

Yes I know that, what i wanna do is not to have a circle pad, if not is to make a full circle shape with 25 um diameter :)

this circle shape will be put it on the rectangular pad..

thanks for everything

Added after 9 minutes:

Hi Lhademmor,

I tryed it, now i'm just able to make a circle with the dimentions i want using the menu: Add > Circle

But using this way I can just make a normal circle as a solid and not a shape. In that option I can fix the line width of the circle.

In the other case, when I try to do this: Shape > circle

I can choose which Fill type I want and to which net name i will assign that shape. But i doesn't allow me to fix the line width :|

anyway, thanks for everything guys

IfI find it i will let you know ;)

regards

Line width for a shape ? A shape has an edge but if You wanna do a circle shape with crosses the do the circle shape, select it right click choose parametres and change settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back