Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create a dataset of neural network target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fikrul

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

im going to use a back-propagation neural network for my voice recognition. My question is how to create a set of dataset consisting of my target? Let say i have 3 target of word 'a', how im going to aplly those 3 target in my newff function?

Please help me on this matter..

Hi
u must extract some feature , and then use them as input of NNT.
also u must select some of them as train and test data.
if u have 3 target, your NNt has 3 output that for first class, first output must set as .98 and .02 for two else, and so on.

spouse
X=input_data; matrix size is N*M that M is length of features and N is words Number that created from 3 class,
Y=Output ; matrix size is N*3; => output of first class: [.98; .02;.02], second class: [.02; .98; .02],...

net = newff(X,Y,H_L); H_L is length of Hidden layer (is greater if input length)

net = train(net,X,Y); for train
Y = sim(net,P); for test

helo jabi,

so far, i already had done feature extraction for the input. The size of that input is (479 x 13).

For the target, you said:

"if u have 3 target, your NNt has 3 output that for first class, first output must set as .98 and .02 for two else, and so on."

meaning that, if i have 1 target, my NN should have 1 output right?
1) My question is how do we set the output as u mentioned before for example .98 and .02. Do i need to pick any value randomly?

2) What is output classes?

Please help me,,im really stuck with definining the target for my NN..

Hi fikrul

If u want using NNt for classification, U have more than one output (number of your classes), and value of NNt in each output, represent the similarity of input pattern to each of classes
notice that we use Transfer functions in output of each of each layer; then if u use log Sigmoid (logsig - in matlab), ur output will be limited to (0-1).
when u test a input vector, each output that have bigger value, is your input class.( N-th output represent the N-th class)

because of using logsig as transfer function, we use .98 and .02 to create our output vectors.

Helpful?

Reactions: fikrul

fikrul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi jabi,

so far, its helpful and i do understand about the newff function.i just got problem and confusing at the beginning part,

1) for the NNt input, i used the input signal that i've been extracted which is from mfcc, is it correct?

2) for NNt target, do i need to extract the voice signal first before use it as a target for my NNt?

If u dont mind, may i ask your email so that i can easily discuss with you..?
this is my email: (def_cult@yahoo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back