Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to cover the pads for PCB solder masking and what materials to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamikrudra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body

can any one tell me
1. how to cover the pads for solder masking?
2. what are the materials used for solder masking?

I had seen on some PCB painted with green paint. even if i have to paint the PCB with green paint how to cover up 300 pads. because for prototype paint is the cheapest solution but is there any cheap and easy way out for covering pads.
I want solder mask for my prototype boards because tracks are close to pads and at the time of solder I am messing it up with tracks and pads. any suggestions are welcome for DIY solder masking.

Many Thanks to all of you.

PCB Solder Masking

simple methode is using screen print using a solder masked pattern.

the next is photo imagable process it is comming in dry and in liquid types

Re: PCB Solder Masking

@rajudp
thanks for the information.
do you know what material (chemical)is used for solder mask? is it available in local market in india? using silk screen we have to print the area other then pads?

PCB Solder Masking

yes it is available in india. if you have pcb for small qty then better go for Photo imageable solder mask. it comes with hardener . mix needed quantity and apply using screen mesh. bake @70 C for 20 min, expose with positive soldermask pattern( the liquid is negative acting ) develop with sodium carbonate again bake @150 c for about 20 min.

i bought liquid type one from Bangalore 1 liter pack below Rs 2000.

now i am looking for dry film solder mask if anybody know the source please let me know

@rajudp
thanks for fast reply.
can you give some link or more information about the process of solder masking if it is DIY mode it will be better.
like name of the chemical how to mix them what should be the quantity etc.

regards.
Shamik

@rajudp
great links. thanks
learn a lot about solder masking. but still don't know the name of the chemicals in local market and from where can we perches the product.
Like when i searched the liquid tin one shop told me the local name for this is transparent lacquer. I still not tested that. is it really same or not. after testing i will post result.

I have searched the net for silk screen printing without any luck. this is related to masking topic i think. if not pls tell me i will edit or delete this post.
pls give some good links for learning silk screen printing.

Thanks

rajudp said:
yes it is available in india. if you have pcb for small qty then better go for Photo imageable solder mask. it comes with hardener . mix needed quantity and apply using screen mesh. bake @70 C for 20 min, expose with positive soldermask pattern( the liquid is negative acting ) develop with sodium carbonate again bake @150 c for about 20 min.

i bought liquid type one from Bangalore 1 liter pack below Rs 2000.

now i am looking for dry film solder mask if anybody know the source please let me know

Hi,

Can you please give me some clue about where I can get solder mask (Green colour) in Delhi, Noida or Ghaziabad ???

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back