Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW to couple ansys and HFSS for thermal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusionman

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello ,everyone , I have a question about the coupling of ANSYS and HFSS.
I made a rf window, and have gotten the power loss absorbed by the dielectric medium with HFSS, next, I want to do thermal analysis for the medium, but I don't know how to do next. Can anybody give me some direction, Thanks in advance.

Thanks you, K.A, but I will learn the ansys workbench, and do you think if I can do the simulation in classical surface of ansys?

hello , guys, I have installed the HFSS 13 and ANSYS 13, and I want to do thermal analysis. After simulation , I get a 'xml' file by 'export transfer file for ansys' in HFSS, but when I load that file , a dialog denote me that ' either the specified location is incorrect or the source at that location contains no data', can any body tell me how to solve this problm. Thanks

Hi fusionman,

Did you successfully integrate ANSYS with HFSS? How did you get the xml file? There isn't a "export transfer file for ansys" option in my HFSS menu. Could you please let me know how you could get that? Which version of ANSYS and HFSS are you using? Thank you!

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem as fusionman, I have the structure generated in hfss and now I want to see the temperature/time graph in ansys. I have been told that Ansys can generate such graphs but I have no clue as to how it does it. I need to integrate Ansys into Hfss and I do not know how. Could any one please help me? It is much appreciated.

You have to properly set the HFSS simulation into Ansys Workbench. Then you re-run the HFSS simulation, and you have to link the results with a Thermal (Steady State or Transient) module in Workbench. Once you have imported the dissipated losses into that module, you can easily get the temperature results. However it is not easy to properly set the thermal boundary conditions/parameters. Finally, you can import the temperature results into HFSS, typically for thermal dependent dielectric material values update.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I worked on it 1.5 years ago and changed to CST MPhysics Studio for the complexity associated with Ansys. CST Mphysics is way better in the sense that the integration is very easy and tech support is always available.

Humayra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back