Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert waveform into a text file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed a pipelined adc, but i don't know how to get the output file consisted of output codes from output waveform of adc; that is, how to convert analog high and low level(vdd and 0) into binary code,and save these binary codes(such as,10bit) into a txt file, then for matlab processing? pls help me.

Re: waveform to txt file

hi lhlbluesky,

are you designing circuit using cadence? if so, use ocnprint command to print the txt data of the waveforms.

lhlbluesky said:
i have designed a pipelined adc, but i don't know how to get the output file consisted of output codes from output waveform of adc; that is, how to convert analog high and low level(vdd and 0) into binary code,and save these binary codes(such as,10bit) into a txt file, then for matlab processing? pls help me.

which simulator do you use.

waveform to txt file

cadence spectre,thanks.

waveform to txt file

thank jiangxb.but there is another problem, when i simulate the circuit in background, i can't get the txt file as i can not in background.it says nil.why?

how to get the txt file in background simulation ? thanks.

hi lhlbluesky,

i have not simulated the circuit in background. but i think you can find the simulation result file TRAN.TRAN where you can get the result using ocnPrint command.

the other method is opening the TRAN.TRAN file in spice explorer and then exporting the result as txt file.

waveform to txt file

use strobe and printv (or somthing simelar, can't remember). Strobe can be setup in Tran under options. Set the strobeperiode to your clock fre. This acts as a ideal SH. It only taks the value at the strobperiode value. With the delay you can move it to any place in the cycel you want.
With printv you print it to a*.txt. You can also use ocean is also very good to have. Don't forget to set the output format to "sientific", if you don't, it makes numbers like this: 1.213312u instead of 1.213312e-6(wiche is batter for MATLAB)

waveform to txt file

how to use strobe and printv in spectre in detail?

i tried, but i can't get the results.

pls tell me how to read the results, and how to use strobe and printv ?can anyone give me an example?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.