Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert V/#electron to V/V or V/I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melkord

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found that the gain is defined as [V/#electron]?
How can I convert this to V/V or V/I?

As I understand it, I need capacitance information to convert #electron to voltage using V = Q/C = (q x #electron)/C.

If you are asking about charge sensitive amplifier, the three gain numbers are not directly related. V/Q is set by a capacitance, V/I by a bias resistor. V/V is set by amplifier voltage gain.

If you are asking about charge sensitive amplifier, the three gain numbers are not directly related. V/Q is set by a capacitance, V/I by a bias resistor. V/V is set by amplifier voltage gain.
Yes, i am reading about the CSA used in electron counter applications.
V/#electron is commonly used.
But I am not sure how to simulate the circuit because the input is in voltage.
Any suggestion of referrence that I can see?

CSAs are integrators. Your input is a charge, more precisily Dirac delta current pulse. Use ipulse source with 0 period, very short rise/fall time and amplitude set to desired charge/pulse area

WHat is the source capacitance and voltage or current you are trying to sense and what dV/dt or dI/dt are you trying to detect and output characteristics please too. Cfb/Cs is the gain of a charge amp but the integration needs R feedback to reduce DC offset also limits the low frequency cutoff. Which is TBD in your spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back