Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert the db file gtech.db to gtech.v format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsrinivas

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
i need to convert the db file gtech.db to gtech.v format
is it possible?
pls let me know
thanks in advance

srinivas

db format to verilog

hello Srinivas

I have nver read any where if this is possible, The reason wat I could deduce is .. The bd format which we get after synthesis steps involves various other details of timing and delay. But the verilog r VHDL file do not involve all these details amy be tat is the reason we have the option of writing out both .db and .v files ..

This is according to me .. but please let me know if i am wrong .

suresh

db format to verilog

hi All,

the gtech.db is the genric technologie librarie.in the directorie of the synthesis tool you can also fine the gtech.v/gtech.lib .
if you are talking about the netlist write in the formate of .DB the you can read again it in the synthesis tool and link it and you can now write out the .V netlist file from the tool.i think it will solve your problem.

BR,
Ramesh.S

db format to verilog

Ask Synopsys. They can answer u better.
Sumit

Re: db format to verilog

Hi!!!
in dc_shell

read -format db {name.db}
write -format verilog -output name.v

U can never convert .lib format to verilog(.v) format in Design compiler.u can convert into vhdl format..

Shurik is correct, however, the output verilog will be in gtech library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back