Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert software package in C so it works on Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

negreponte

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I have a software package in c (including libraries, c
functions-programs, c interface for parametres initialization )and I
want to call it from Matlab.
Have I to convert in mex files every file in this package (except
libraries)? Or is there an easier way to call it from matlab?

Thanks

Please help me!

What type of interface does your software have? Is it a Windows DLL with C calling conventions? Is it a command-line utility with standard I/O or file I/O? Something else?

MEX files make life easy for the MATLAB user. It's a good way to go.

negreponte

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Please help me!

Yes you can.

It is possible to combine several object files and to use object file libraries when building MEX-files. To do so, simply list the additional files with their full extension, separated by spaces. For example, on the PC

mex circle.c square.obj rectangle.c shapes.lib

is a legal command that operates on the .c, .obj, and .lib files to create a MEX-file called circle.mexw32, where mexw32 is the extension corresponding to the MEX-file type on 32-bit Windows. The name of the resulting MEX-file is taken from the first file in the list.

You can find more about this on www.mathworks.com

I give the link as below:
https://www.mathworks.com/access/he...er=r&is_summary_on=1&ResultCount=10&query=mex

negreponte

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Please help me!

Thanks for your answers!
This package is a software for mathematical computing.The interface is a c programm for parameters initialization and memory allocation. This software has also c programms which contain c wrappers for routines defined from libraries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back