Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert scans in PDF to Word text file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pdf

hello
how can i convert a scaned papers in PDF format to word text can be copied and paste
thanks in advance

pdf

in PDF format to word text can be copied and paste
use OCR programs (example - FineReader)

PS: "OCR" means "Optical Character Recognition"

Hooda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: pdf

thanks
but from where i can get OCR

pdf

Use ABBY pdf converter or (better) Soli pdf converter. But these programs are commercial :-(

Hooda

pdf

Acrobat 7.0 has OCR function.

pdf

hi
i think "ABBYY Transformer" would do what u r searching for :convert from PDF format to word format here how to get it:
1st u have to download a file sharing program i recommend LIMWIRE u can find this on www.download.com
then u can find ABBYY & any other program u wanna find

Hooda

Create you pdf files with PDF995 (free) :D

------------------------------------------------
Pdf995 makes it easy and affordable to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. Its easy-to-use interface helps you to create PDF files by simply selecting the "print" command from any application, creating documents which can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Pdf995 supports network file saving, fast user switching on XP, Citrix/Terminal Server, custom page sizes and large format printing. Pdf995 is a printer driver that works with any Postscript to PDF converter. The pdf995 printer driver and a free Converter are available for easy download.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pdf995.com/

Hooda

use ocr which is normally present in scanner software or hp ocr for this purpose also ocr is present in acrobat professional 7.
can also use software pdftotext to convert pdf to text/word form

Hooda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back