Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert my id "141534158" from binary into ASCII code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentrit4

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, i cant solve my homework.
So my homework is this:
i have to creat a digital circuit to convert my colleage id that is "141534158" from binary code into ascii ?

Hope that some one will help me how to solve it !
Pleaseeee!!

141534158 is not a binary number!

If you want to convert it so the result is a long string of '1' and '0' characters use a shift register to move the binary number one digit to the left and if the most significant bit is high, output an ascii '1' otherwise output an ascii '0'.

If you want to split it from Binary Coded Decimal to ascii, split it into groups of four bits, starting from the right end so each digit is isolated, then make bits 4 and 5 high.

If you can use a microconroller or computer, simply add character '0' (zero) to each of the digits and it will become it's ascii equivalent.

Brian.

A reasonable interpretation of the homework problem might be:

The input number is given in binary format (28 bits required to represent the said ID).
Convert it to a decimal string using ASCII code.

Why not binary input 0x86FA3CE respectively 0b1000011011111010001111001110?

Surely the home work is to convert from numeric 141. . . . to ascii code for 1, ascii code for 4, ascii code for one. . . i.e. 9 groups of 8 bits?
Frank
Frank i have to creat a digital circuit, for first input combination ,output should be 1 in binary code, for second input , output should be 4 in binary code, than third input, output should be 1 than 5 than 3 than 4 than 1 than 5 than 8, in binary code,
how to create it, in notebook to draw it ?
sorry for my english !!
hope that all u guys will help me !:S

So are you saying there is a keypad and you want to produce the binary equivalent of the key numbers as you press them?

Example, pressing '1' gives 0001
pressing '4' gives 0100
pressing '5' gives 0101

If that is correct, and assuming you are using individually wired switches, all you need is a decimal to binary encoder. Google for 74HC147 for more information. I you need a schematic of the logic process, look at
**broken link removed**

Brian.

The principle is that you have 4 output lines, when no switch is pressed or the zero switch is pressed, the lines are 0,0,0,0. If you press switch 1, the lines go to 0,0,0,1. If you press 2, you should get 0,0,1,0. For switch 3 you get 0,0,1,1.
The truth table is that for switches 1,3,5,7,9 the first line goes to 1. For switches 2,6,7, the second line goes to 1.
So you need OR gates so the output line 1 goes to 1 if switch 1 is on OR switch 3 is on OR switch 5 is on.. . . .
This OR gating is done by the diodes at the input of the above circuit.
Frank

The principle is that you have 4 output lines, when no switch is pressed or the zero switch is pressed, the lines are 0,0,0,0. If you press switch 1, the lines go to 0,0,0,1. If you press 2, you should get 0,0,1,0. For switch 3 you get 0,0,1,1.
The truth table is that for switches 1,3,5,7,9 the first line goes to 1. For switches 2,6,7, the second line goes to 1.
So you need OR gates so the output line 1 goes to 1 if switch 1 is on OR switch 3 is on OR switch 5 is on.. . . .
This OR gating is done by the diodes at the input of the above circuit.
Frank
Frank , i dont have to create a digital circuit in practic, i just want truth table to convert from number
0000 in output should be my first id number in ascii code
ex
0000 >> 0110001
0001 >> 0110100
I want truth table of it to draw ??

Status
Not open for further replies.