Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to convert LCD Char to Int value ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have some reading 3 digit value from ADC and the value shown is on LCD in the form of Characters.. now i wish to put some condition on that 3 digit value like 078 i want this value to be in int...how to convert value shown on lcd to int so i can put condition on it..to do some action...

i m reading Data from LM35 as temperature measurement. But directly i cannot use if lcd > 100 so i need to convert it to int value then i can put condition...... please advice...

Code:
a = t%10;
    lcd[2] = a + '0';

t = t/10;
    a = t%10;
    lcd[1] = a + '0';

t = t/10;
    a = t%10;
    lcd[0] = a + '0';

Lcd_out(1,12,lcd);

character value - 0x30 or - d48 is int value. You can save the original int value to another int variable and use it for the if() condition. No need to convert char to int.

Reactions: asking

asking

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes i got it i can take lcdint as another variable storing the value of lcd character as int value... could you please show me example... because m not fully clear how to use -d48 ?

'2' - 0x30 = 2 and '2' - 48 = 2. d48 is decimal 48. You don't have to store LCD character as int variable. Before you send int data to LCD it will be in int format. Just make a copy of that int and use it in if condition because I see your original int value gets modified in the int to str conversion routine.

Your t is the original int and it changes its value in the int to str conversion routine. So, save t value to iadc_val (int variable). Use iadc_val in if condition. Forget about char to int conversion.

asking

Thanks for wonderful information :) of which i was unaware.. :)

If you want to use the ADC integer result then it would make sense to keep it so use a second variable and keep the result there for any calculations you want to do since you change the variable t and can't be used.

If you want to convert the LCD value then use

Code:
((lcd[0]-'0')*100) + ((lcd[1]-'0')*10) + (lcd[2]-'0')

asking

Status
Not open for further replies.