Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert hexadecimal image data to oginal image

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai all
this is my new poject. I am intefacing a digital camera module to micocontoller and to computer also. What is my aim is that i want to take a photo fame and it is only available as digital data from that camera module.I am receiving the data through microcontroller and i put that hexadecimal data to computer. In computer there is a VB program to receive the data.Now i want to convert that digital image data to original image.I tried a lot but i didn't get any useful help from anywhere. Is there any program to convert the digital hex image data to image.Please help me..:sad:

You can certainly do this with Matlab (or the free equivalent, GNU Octave). Are you familiar with Matlab?

Since you are in visual basic, the problem is pretty simple and straight foward..
u can do this easily by using
ColorTranslator.FromHtml("#003399")
where #003399 is the hex to b converted..
alternatively, u could use this
Code:
Public Function ConvertToRbg(ByVal HexColor As String) As Color
    Dim Red As String
    Dim Green As String
    Dim Blue As String
    HexColor = Replace(HexColor, "#", "")
    Red = Val("&H" & Mid(HexColor, 1, 2))
    Green = Val("&H" & Mid(HexColor, 3, 2))
    Blue = Val("&H" & Mid(HexColor, 5, 2))
    Return Color.FromArgb(Red, Green, Blue)
End Function