Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert Hexa code to Assembly format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekh_81

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help Hexa to Assembly

Hi

I have a problem, i want to convert a hexa code to it's original assembly code. Does any one can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Help Hexa to Assembly

Hi,
It might help if you gave som info on the micro this code is used for. Normally you'll need a disassembler to do this.

TOK ;)

Re: Help Hexa to Assembly

Hi,
The hexadecimal codes are pure translations of the assembler mnemonics, as such the MOV ah,bh instruction (intel assembly) will always compile to the same hexadecimal bytes. To regain the original assembler a dissasembler is required, if you have the time you can write your own, or do it manually by hand. Obviously the dissasembler is the easiest option, although no insight is gained in the assembler -> hexadecimal comilation process. The conversion data can usally be found on the manufacturers website/ databooks

cheers
slayerza

Re: Help Hexa to Assembly

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, this code is used to program a PIC. I want to rearrange it and add and remove some instructions.

and this is the link

Code:
http://www.elektor.fr/Portals/0/Magazine/Downloads/2005/030451-11.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back