Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert .hex file to .asm file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergkamp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help BEGINNER
i have a .hex file for a micorcontroller and i want to turn it into the assambler code. do you know any application that can do this?
thanks!

disassembler hex to asm

This kind of tool is called "disassembler". Of course, it is dumb, and you might need to reconstruct data areas etc.
Which kind of microcontroller is your hexfile for?

wek

bergkamp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
18f2620 disassembler

If your microcontroller is 386-based, then yes.
But I think it is not too probable.
Again: what is you microcontroller?

Jan Waclawek

desasembler hex para asm

Hello

If you are using PICs MCUs, then you can use ICProg disassembler.

Regards

how to open hex file as asm

i am using 8051

desassembler .hex en .asm

Use **broken link removed**

wek

bergkamp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pic disassemblers icprog

There is no simple solution here. You can obviously use disassembler but it will be up to you how to interpret the file created by a disassembler.
Regards,
IanP

import hex to asm

**broken link removed**
is it full?

hex code disassemble

How do you mean?
It is full with sources.
All you need to start is d52.exe (or the d52 elf, it you do Linux), but have a look also at the example (test.ctl and test.hex).
What, if a piece of software today does not have xxxMB it's suspiciously small? :)
The windows GUI is kind of experimental, I don't use it.

Oh, and you may want to read the manual :-o

wek

.hex to .asm

any one kno any PIC18F dassembler ?

thx

386 hex to asm

ful babu said:
any one kno any PIC18F dassembler ?

thx

You can use ICPROG for PIC disassembler.

pic hex decompiler 18f4550

asahin11 said:
You can use ICPROG for PIC disassembler.

i m afraid icprog dassembler doesn't support 18F series

pic18 import hex file

For PIC's, just open MPLAB, click File.. Import and import the hex. Then click View. Program memory. You will see the disassembled code.

Right click on the tabs at the top and uncheck them all, except "Disassembly".

Select the first line of code, right-click on it and select "Output to file" to save the file as text. Then you open that file and edit it, but again, you need to figure out many unknowns.

disassembler pic18f252

VVV said:
For PIC's, just open MPLAB, click File.. Import and import the hex. Then click View. Program memory. You will see the disassembled code.

Right click on the tabs at the top and uncheck them all, except "Disassembly".

Select the first line of code, right-click on it and select "Output to file" to save the file as text. Then you open that file and edit it, but again, you need to figure out many unknowns.

i did as u told so but wen i try to import a hex file it gives a message like "The format of the file cannot be read or written because its extension was not recognised" though the file was compiled by tat MPLAB itself !

disassembler bin to asm

I do this every day and it works just fine. That is how you program a PIC when you are only given the .hex file, for example.

The fact that it did not work means that the file is corrupted or is the wrong file. Try creating a new one, with only a few instructions, assemble it and then import the hex file. It should work.

converting hex file back to asm

I don't have any problem with Importing hex file

....thanks to VVV

Status
Not open for further replies.