Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert heat into electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssankurathri

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diodes that convert heat into electricity

hi
how to convert heat into electricity.....
if i go for thermistors and sensistors which change their resistance as per temperature, they still need some source of supply.

basically i want heat energy to be converted into electric energy...

regards
skr

how to convert heat into energy

Hi,
Steam turbines also produce electricity using heat.
Regards,
Laktronics

convert heat into electricity french

About 35 years ago I saw the thermocouple method. There was this tube with thousands of them. A flame was put at the bottom of the tube and the heat rose. This unit put out several tens of watts.

convert heat into electricity

What if I concentrate solar energy on the thermocouple using a magnifying glass? Please, let me know if that could do the trick.......

The trouble is the low power with just one. You need many in series to make a useful voltage.

A steam turbine can be used to convert heat into mechanical energy & a genarator convert mechanical energy into electricity.
We also can use a junction made of two different metal to convert heat into electricity.

in my college days i read an old book regarding electronics project in a bookstore. i read from there that tunnel diodes can convert heat into electricity. connect them in series to get higher voltage. i start looking for tunnel diodes since then in local stores or online, but with no luck. so i havent tried it.
but it is really possible.
a private company is now doing the same thing, they call it silicon nano tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.