Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to convert +dc volts to negative volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

verujaya

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi how to convert +dc volts to negative dc volts. in some transformers i saw they added capacitors and i dont know what tpe of capacitors any one can help me.

Charge pump DC / DC voltage converter is one option

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/21469a.pdf

More exact question please, so we can understand the problem you have.
You should tell us voltage and current you need and what is the input voltage to converter,
or are you thinking to reconstruct power supply with transformer. ????
Or do you ask the general principle to do this conversion???

Last edited:

Hi,
What is the voltage to be converted and what current you need out of it?
Help depends on your reply.

hi
i have 6volt dc supply fm board, so i took 240AC TO 6-0-6 volts step down transformer, but in that board they mentioned + and - symbols(ground). in that case how do i convert +6 volt to -(ground).

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

hi
i have 6volt dc supply fm board, so i took 240AC TO 6-0-6 volts step down transformer, but in that board they mentioned + and - symbols(ground). in that case how do i convert +6 volt to -(ground).

Here is principal power supply.
Component values depends on needed current.
Regulation is poor due to transformer voltage should be 8Vac.
If your board can accept 8.5Vdc , you dont need regulator.
( Voltage without regulation can change in 7.5....10Vdc depends on transformer and 240Vac supply.)

6V_supply_01.jpg

Thanks for your answer but i need how to select the components to convert?

Can you draw simple picture for your needs.

Hi,
If you have 6-0-6 volts transformer it is much easier to build a split supply (i,e; plus-minus). Here is an example for you. When you rectify the 6 volts it will be DC 8.4 volts and sufficient for your 5 volts regulators.
SPLITSUPPLY1.jpg
Hope it help. Any further question welcomed.

good thanks for your reply.

but i will my exact problem. i have one am/fm receiver with sony CXA1619BS IC, in that board required +6volt and -6volt, when i take power from 230 to 6 volt transformer, in that transforme how do i find + or - polarity and i need circuit diagram of board, hope i described every thing
pls help me(i am begineer of the am/fm board assembling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back