Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Convert dbc to db

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasath Ayyalraj

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I need to convert dbc to db (of signal to noise ratio). Can anyone help me on this

I suppose you are talking about "decibels relative to carrier". You can find it used to measure the noise power density at a given offset from the carrier. E.g. if the noise power 10kHz away in a 1Hz bandwidth is 80dB below carrier power, then you can say SSB noise there is -80dBc. There's no need to convert to dB, the "c" simply tells you which is the reference.

Thank you for reply
In the Datasheet of AD9235BRU-40 (ADC) from Analog i am having SNR=68.5 dBc @ 100
MHz. So I am say SNR=-68.5 dB. I Am i right?

signal to noise ration should be a positive dB number.

SO if SNR = +10dB then SNR = -10dBc and
if SNR = -10dB then SNR = +10dBc

Am i right?

nonono ;p

lets give an example: unsigned 10 bit adc => so output is from 0 to 2^(10)-1. The maximum output value 2^(10)-1 is equall to 0 dBc. SNR is in log scale equall to Signal - Noise. Noise in dBc scale is always with '-' as it cant physically be greater then adc resolution ( max output), so SNR is always positive number.

No matter what the scale SNR with '-' means that Noise is much greater then usefull signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back