Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert character array to ascii value in visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my new project . I want to interface ATmega32 microcontroller with visual basic 6.0. I can communicate with visual basic through serial port bidirectionally. Aim of the project is that i have to monitor the ADC values of 2 channels in two text boxes in visual basic. The method i chose is that i use a timer in visual basic to send two characters to microcontroller and when the controller receives these characters the controller will send corresponding ADC values with one additional characters. When VB receives these character it will show the following value in the text box.

I use a string array to receive values coming from controller. When i use Asc() function in VB it showing some error. How can i convert the incoming values to ascii.

Also i giving the code in VB and the code for controller

Attachments

• SERIAL.rar
    26.6 KB · Views: 84
  • serial-vb.bmp
    335.4 KB · Views: 89
  • serial-vb.txt
    2 KB · Views: 81
  • controller program.txt
    1,001 bytes · Views: 76

From micro to PC send data as characters that is 1 is sent as '1'. Just add 0x30 to digits if you are sending digits. Then use

Code Visual Basic - [expand]
Dim str as string

str = str & MSComm1.Input

Example send #1 to micro and micro sends back data1. Then send #2 to micro and micro sends data2.

thank you jayanth.. I got the solution for this problem in other way. I used error handler ie "On error goto label" and its working. When i interface the VB program to hardware its perfectly working and i can view individual data values of ADC from microcontroller in corresponding Text boxes. Now the new problem is how to log the data values in each text boxes to notepad. I have no idea about this. Now too i am searching in the internet. please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back