Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert Cadence file to Avant format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
C@dence to Av@nt!

How to integrate products from these two companies? In particular, how to convert a C@dence techfile to Av@nt! techfile format? Same goes for DRC rule files.

ASIC

How about the other way from Av@nti to C@dence ?
Please point me some direction.
Expert, please help !

I ask TSMC guys. They do these 2 majoy companys' drc/lvs/tech files in separat flow. No automatic conversion exsist. But they have their own internal format to conver to both of them.

I think I'm going to open my own company soon. There got to be a large number of companies requiring conversion tools. :)

What do other big companies do? I think most prefer Av@nt! P&R and the rest of the tools from $ynop$ys and C@dence.

OK, so my next questions are, what about M3ntor?

ASIC

Nobody said:
I ask TSMC guys. They do these 2 majoy companys' drc/lvs/tech files in separat flow. No automatic conversion exsist. But they have their own internal format to conver to both of them.

UMC (another major foundry in Taiwan) does the same thing as TSMC.

Hello ASIC:
About Mentor, I know Calibre has some small utilities for convert Dracula commnad files to Calibre format. It is pretty fine. 95% rules are O.K. but some special instructions need to be modified.

drac2he

using hercules to do DRC/LVS,
you may translate dracular rules to hercules by command: drac2he
which can be found in hercules package.

Does anyone know how to convert DIVA runset to Hercules runset?

Beside that, may I know where can I get the Hercules runset for MOSIS 0.5 ? I can see there are a lot of diva files available to download from a lot of site, but never see anything for hercules.

Re: C@dence to Av@nt!

ASIC said:
How to integrate products from these two companies? In particular, how to convert a C@dence techfile to Av@nt! techfile format? Same goes for DRC rule files.

ASIC

For the tech file.
1. Export the cadence techfile into a LEF file.
2. Use txt editor to create a file with the header as follow:-
Technology {
name = ""
date = "Sep 4 2002"
dielectric = 3.45e-05
unitTimeName = "ns"
timePrecision = 1000
unitLengthName = "micron"
lengthPrecision = 1000
gridResolution = 50
unitPowerName = "nw"
powerPrecision = 1000
unitResistanceName = "kohm"
resistancePrecision = 100000000
unitCapacitanceName = "pf"
capacitancePrecision = 100000000
unitInductanceName = "nh"
inductancePrecision = 100
minBaselineTemperature = 25
nomBaselineTemperature = 25
maxBaselineTemperature = 25
}
4. Create a library by using Avanti Tool and assign the text file you had done as the tech file.
3. Import the LEF file by using Avanti Tool to the library you just created.

By doing this, most of the information you need in cadence tech file will be converted into Avanti Tech file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back