Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a remote to control an RC device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce1129

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question, is it possible to convert a remote to something else control an RC device such as an rc plane, car, boat etc? What I'd like to do is be able to control a battery powered rc device with a keyless entry remote or something of a similar size. Any ideas? P.S. if you can make this happen easily for me I will gladly pay you to convert the items as long as they work from a reasonable distance or through a wall/ between rooms........Thx again.

Re: RADIO CONTROL

a remote, as in a tv remote?
then the answer is no... TV remotes are based on IR sensors.
even things like garage openers remote are 300 - 400 Mhz RF so they definitely won't work on RC devices.

Most RC Toys are 25, 72, 75 Mhz (IIRC). you need special remote for those, I don't think it would easier to try to convert an existing remote.

my 2 cent

Is it possible to have a keyless remote/garage door opener/(any remote of similar size, not IR, operate a small device that operates a small motor such as a motor in an RC car, steering is not impt, just that wheels turn or a similar movement. Again I will pay if someone can make this, mainly what i want is a remote u can carry around that is small, but is not IR, frequency or RC doesnt matter, as long as i can push a button and get a wheel to turn or just a motor to move to create enough force to create quick movement,

Any RC car remote TX RX can be used for any purpose.

1. The Cheap RC cars have 2 sets of switches Fwd/Rev & Left/Right. On the RX, these are available on 4 pins ie,. 2 pins each.

2. A relay with a series diode, can be connected in place of the Motors to the RX board. Even a buzzer, LED, BULB ETC., can be connected( any DC device working in the 6V range). You MUST connect a series diode !!!!
3. The RX output connection to the Motors is a Bridge circuit where the polarity changes (FWD or Rev), hence the diodes.

wow that was greek to me, anyone interested/ willing to explain that in clearer terms, I don't know jack about electronics, still willing to pay someone to explain how its done or do it themselves........thx again

I know very very little about electronics as you can tell, anyway, anyone willing to help still?

There are wireless ranges:
1. 2.4 GHz
2. ISM band : there are four bands(315,433,868, and 915 MHz) of operation and more popular is 433 and 868 MHz
3. RFID : 13.6 MHz and LF is 125 Khz.

The distance is mainly depends on the transmitter output power. But it has been regulated by FCC for the maximum power transmitted in ISM bands.

I've tested 433MHz transceiver (CC1000) with max 10dBm output. That can work till 100 m with any obstacle.

There are again more radio (FM) bands are available but from electronics control point of view above bands are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.