Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a pdf file to Proteus ddb format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmdtop

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i want to convert Pdf file to ddb (Protel) plaese help me if you can

pcb pdf

Are you talking about a PDIF file from PCAD or PADS, or do you mean a PDF document file? PCAD PDIF files have a PDF extension, but they are entirely different from a PDF document.

If you mean you want to convert a document file into a Protel file, there's no direct way to do that. It is possible to convert the PDF to a DXF file, and then import the DXF into Protel. However, you won't have anything but an outline - none of the component data, nets, hole sizes, etc, will be available.

If you are talking about PDIF file from PCAD, I can help you with that. The PDIF first has to be converted to a PCAD ASCII file, then it can be imported to AD6, and from there it can be saved to Protel95 ddb format. If you zip up your file and PM it to me, I'll be happy to try and convert it for you.

www.edaboard.com ftopic331930

House_Cat said:
Are you talking about a PDIF file from PCAD or PADS, or do you mean a PDF document file? PCAD PDIF files have a PDF extension, but they are entirely different from a PDF document.

If you mean you want to convert a document file into a P*otel file, there's no direct way to do that. It is possible to convert the PDF to a DXF file, and then import the DXF into P*otel. However, you won't have anything but an outline - none of the component data, nets, hole sizes, etc, will be available.

If you are talking about PDIF file from PCAD, I can help you with that. The PDIF first has to be converted to a PCAD ASCII file, then it can be imported to AD6, and from there it can be saved to Protel95 ddb format. If you zip up your file and PM it to me, I'll be happy to try and convert it for you.

thank you
i had download many pcb file that was in acrobat reade (PDF) file and i want to edit them

pdif file

hmdtop said:
i had download many pcb file that was in acrobat reade (PDF) file and i want to edit them

If you upload or PM one of your files to me, I'll see what I can do with converting it to DXF and importing it to Protel. It may not work out, but I'm willing to try.

pcb logo creator

i dont think we can convert PDf files to PCb files as both things are different..
Anyhow if we converted also from dxf or etc.it won't contain any electrical information.so of no use.

pcb logo creator script

I know there are free matlab scripts out there that will take a picture and make it into a bunch of points on a graph and then there are free matlab scripts that take matlab plots to dxf and there are several programs out there that will go dxf to gerber... kindof a long route to go around but it should work in theory.

Good luck

pdf to pcb converter

New AltiumDesigner has script... File: AltiumDesigner.../Examples/Scripts/Delphiscripts/pcb/PCB LOGO Creator. Use this script to change bitmap one layer to pcb document, and export to protel.

.pdf to .pcb

Use Illustrater to create the DXF file (or Corel), then in P*otel import the dxf. Should work.

outline pcb in corel

It might not possible, because a normal PDF file (of Acrobat), there is no distinction between a line and wire, so it will not create a netlist or a wrong netlist will be generated. For the Atium Designer, I have the same argument, however try the Altium for editing only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back