Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a Conventional CRT to LCD Display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babarsharif

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I have an old gaming board working on CRT i need to convert the old CRT Monito (TV) to new LCD monitor, i tried many many LCD's but it only display no signal and no picture at all.

Any one one can help me how to do this ?

Babar

what type of connector is there ? with pin configuration

hi, thnx

Synchronization Range (Automatically):
Horizontal: 31.0 kHz to 82.0 kHz (Automatically)

Vertical 56.0 Hz to 85.0 Hz (Automatically

Its standard used in Computers , its 15 pin D-Sub Connector, here is connections

Pin Name Dir Description
1 RED Red Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
2 GREEN Green Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
3 BLUE Blue Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
4 RES RESERVED
5 GND Ground
6 RGND Red Ground
7 GGND Green Ground
8 BGND Blue Ground
9 KEY - Key (No pin) / Optional +5V output from graphics card
10 SGND Sync Ground
11 ID0 Monitor ID Bit 0 (optional)
12 SDA I2C bidirectional data line
13 HSYNC or CSYNC Horizontal Sync (or Composite Sync)
14 VSYNC Vertical Sync which works also as data clock
15 SCL I2C data clock in DDC2, Monitor ID3 in DDC1

vga 15 pin.jpg

If the CRT monitor is a TV then you would likely need a LCD TV with a composite input, not a PC monitor, which generally don't have composite inputs.

If the CRT monitor is a TV then you would likely need a LCD TV with a composite input, not a PC monitor, which generally don't have composite inputs.

HI

i have a gaming machine with old CRT installed in it, now i want to change the CRT with LCD i tried many LCD's but none of them worked for me.

So what are the video signal(s) going to the CRT? Can't answer your question without knowing that.

Synchronization Range (Automatically):
Horizontal: 31.0 kHz to 82.0 kHz (Automatically)

Vertical 56.0 Hz to 85.0 Hz (Automatically

Its standard used in Computers , its 15 pin D-Sub Connector, here is connections

Pin Name Dir Description
1 RED Red Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
2 GREEN Green Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
3 BLUE Blue Video (75 ohm, 0.7 V p-p)
4 RES RESERVED
5 GND Ground
6 RGND Red Ground
7 GGND Green Ground
8 BGND Blue Ground
9 KEY - Key (No pin) / Optional +5V output from graphics card
10 SGND Sync Ground
11 ID0 Monitor ID Bit 0 (optional)
12 SDA I2C bidirectional data line
13 HSYNC or CSYNC Horizontal Sync (or Composite Sync)
14 VSYNC Vertical Sync which works also as data clock
15 SCL I2C data clock in DDC2, Monitor ID3 in DDC1

You have posted the standard VGA connector and pinout. Are you sure that's what the CRT monitor has for a connection? If so, then it should also work with the LCD monitor.

You have posted the standard VGA connector and pinout. Are you sure that's what the CRT monitor has for a connection? If so, then it should also work with the LCD monitor.

yes its normal CRT but i tried almost every LCD in the mrket nine f them worked it showing "no signal"
CRT WORKS ON THESE SPECS
Synchronization Range
Horizontal: 31.0 kHz to 82.0 kHz
Vertical 56.0 Hz to 85.0 Hz

no LCD works on these specs

I believe most LCD monitors will operate within (or close to) those ranges. For example I randomly looked at a Dell S2240L monitor and it has a Horizontal sync range of 30kHz to 83kHz, and vertical sync range of 56Hz to 76Hz.

If none of the LCDs worked then I suspect the signal is somehow non-standard. You may need to look at the signals with an oscilloscope to determine what they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.