Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a continuous signal into a square pulse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkyChem

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I think it should not be hard to answer this but i tried different methods, like using astable multivibrator but i am not sure if this is the right approach. Is there any easy way to do this?. The signal i have is +5volts and should be transformed into a 1 hz pulse. Any help?. Thanks.

The astable should be suitable. Or a 555 timer IC configured as pulse generator.

Do you need true bipolar AC, +-5V?
+-2.5V?
Or pulsed DC 5V?

You want to convert 5Vdc into a 1Hz pulse, is that correct?
Will this 5V power the circuit or is there separate power for that?

The astable should be suitable. Or a 555 timer IC configured as pulse generator.

Do you need true bipolar AC, +-5V?
+-2.5V?
Or pulsed DC 5V?

I dont need a true bipolar AC, i just need a square pulse. High-low-high-low, this kind, as you said a pulsed DC 5V. What should i do?.

You want to convert 5Vdc into a 1Hz pulse, is that correct?
Will this 5V power the circuit or is there separate power for that?

There is a separate power for that. By no means the input should be used as power source.

full wave rectifier will do.

Wait, a rectifier?. No. I am talking about generating a pulse from a stable DC not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.