Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert a bipolar AC signal to monopolar and feed it to ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram indra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi fren,
i need to interface adc and pc.The input of adc is sinusodial (220v/3v). I have used adc0808. please would u tell me how to convert this bipolar ac signal to monopolar and feed to adc. so i need a complete circuit from u.thanks for ur kind help

Re: bipolar to monpolar

The simplest method to convert +/-230V ac to 0-5V, which is the input range of the ADC0808, is to use voltage divider with 2.5V voltage shift .. see picture below ..

Regards,
IanP

Re: bipolar to monpolar

for more complexer circuit, u can use zero-span cct for adjust zero level and gain of input signal.
it's best for impedance maching but bad if u don't like to have opamps on ur board :)

bipolar to monpolar

convert using simple bridge rectifier and transformer or using opamps with transformer(u require external supply)
interfacing adc with pc links
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back