Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control the current in this circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawdust303

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit design question

So i'm in the process of converting a voltage controlled device into a current controlled device which utilizes the PIC16C54C microcontroller. The original voltage controlled schematic involved using multiple ZVN3306FCT-ND MOSFET transistors which were controlled by the PIC. These MOSFETs had resistors connected, in parallel, so by controlling various MOSETS, we could output a thevenin equivalent voltage from another voltage and resistor combination.

Instead of being able to control this voltage, i'd like to be able to control the current. Any ideas would be appreciated. I've attached a picture of the design itself, highlighting the MOSFET transistors.

Re: circuit design question

connect the PWM pin of PIC microcontroller to the current mirror circuit to get the desired result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back