Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control ir2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyone5165

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir2110 application

hi...

i want make a circuit 5v to 15v dc-dc converter using IR2110. my problem is...
how can i control ir2110? here is my basic idea...

how i can used PWM???

application ir2110

hello,

IR2110 is bootstrap hi and lo side driver for say a half bridge........not worth using it in your application.

all you need is a simpel boost converter IC.

you could use say the UC3845 or UC3842. -there are a great many from the IC companies eg linear.com, fairchild , onsemi, etc etc

i dont think its worth having a PIC and an oscillator etc for your application

ir2110

actually, in my project, i MUST use IR2110 for drive this boost converter...

ir2110 application

I don't understand the question. If you want to use IR2110, you can utilize the low side driver and leave the high side driver unconnected. Nothing to control particularly.

how to use ir2110 for low side

onllyone5165:

may i ask who told you that you have to use this IC and for what reason?

Is it an employer or a teacher or someone else ?

i have heard of a boost with a synchronous switch used instead of the boost diode and i am wondering perhaps is that what you relly want to do ?

ir2110 project

this is my project. my project title is "Development of a 5 V to 15 V DC-DC converter based in the International Rectifier Driver IR2110. The nominal output current shall be 5 A."
this title i got from my lecturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back