Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control beam pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugm

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use IE3D to design a two patch antenna and find that the beam pattern slightly offset to one side. I use ensemble to verify it and the results are same. For my question, how to adjust the pattern to center?
thx

Mirrored symmetry can compensate for beam tilt. Just make sure the polarities dont cancel out.

change length of line

Change the length of one of the transmission lines. This will change the relative phase of the two patches. This may change the impedance after you get to one line but this can be fixed in the usual ways.

This happens due to the feed point assymetry which is always there because we cannot feed at the center of the patch. In case of rectangular microstrip antenna this can be reduced by increasing the width of the patch.
:!: :idea: :?:

sugm said:
I use IE3D to design a two patch antenna and find that the beam pattern slightly offset to one side. I use ensemble to verify it and the results are same. For my question, how to adjust the pattern to center?
thx

Hi sugm,

there are several possible reasons. Can you show your geometry?

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back