Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to consider the radome effects in HFSS simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

XuQing

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm making a dipoles array BSA, but not take the radome effects into account in my HFSS simulation. So tested VSWR are different with or without radome. My question is how to consider the radome effects in HFSS simulation and get a good results?

thanks!

Your radome is not designed properly. It should not affect any of the antenna parameters. It should be very thin compared to a wavelength and have a relative dielectric coefficient of 2 or less. A common design method in the past was very thin inner and outer sheets with a center core of foam plastic material. Another option is a half wave thick.

flatulent,Thank you

In fact, radome affect VSWR is visible and relate with the height of radome, special in 3G band. Maybe my radome's relative dielectric coefficient too high(I guess between 4 to 5). Whether I must simulate array together with radome or adjust the dimensions of dipole?

Regards!

From a practical engineering point of view, adjust the antenna. First adjust the length then then do any impedance transforming networks in the transmission line at the antenna end.

XuQing, I think you can simulate antenna first. Then draw the radome into the whole model and simulate them together. Compare the result and you can find the difference.

If draw all in HFSS , maybe PC memory can't sustain the iteration computation.

I think you should simulate this large problem on a workstation, or try CST.

Another way, IE3d is OK on dipoles array simulation? Who has the related experiences?

Hi,

That's a right way drawing whole structure in simulation software and I got the desired results.

Thanks all !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back