Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect these 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

takobaba

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
any help appreciated. in the link there is a picture of these 2.

white cable comes from xbox. holds the stereo music signal. it has a red one too but i didnt take its photo. just the white one. so it is a rca cable with just red and white. and the other one is coming from speaker you know like normal speaker. with black and red cable.

i know outside the jack is (-) and inside part is (+). and for the cable black is negative red is positive but i dont know how to make it work. any help or guidance will be appreciated.

thanks

**broken link removed**

Analog Xbox 360 audio

You make the analog audio connection with a pair of RCA jacks. The two analog audio connections are usually two different colors:
Red for the right channel
White for the left channel

This sound output signals are low level ( 0.5...1.0V)
intended to be coupled to the amplifier input ( Aux.in or sound line in)
or TV / monitor aux. sound input.
(Do not connect them to the speaker , it can damage your xbox sound output)

Hooking Up Xbox 360 Sound - For Dummies

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

The question is what king of signal does the RCA output have?
It is probably a low level output that needs amplification in order to drive loudspeakers but you have to tell us what is written on the xbox over the specific RCA plug or maybe check the manual.

now should i find an amplifier circuit for the output level ? because i just have these to connect ?

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

and icouldnt find anything about output level but continuing to search

There should be a description of the connector in the manual , where is this output normally supposed to be connected?

"This sound output signals are intended to be coupled to the amplifier input ( Aux.in or sound line in) or TV / monitor aux. sound input."

now i am using it with **broken link removed** and this goes in to mic into my laptop and getting the sound from laptop.

yes but i throw out the manual for connector. and the xbox connector is not with me. but i am searching on the internet for it still couldnt find anything.

Last edited:

The quoted text in the start of your post explains that this is a low level signal , you can't drive a current hungry speaker with it, you need to use an amplifier.

okay. challenge accepted but one more help and i ll be off to go. how to choose the amplifier. i want to build the amplifier myself. can you guide me what should be my parameters to choose the amplifier circuit.

There are no details to check , basically you only need to decide the power of the amplified depending on how loud you want it to be and how big speakers it is driving.
Speakers can be either 4 or 8 ohm , 4 ohm speakers require more current and play louder with the save voltage input but stress the amplifier more although the majority of amplifiers can work fine with 4 ohm loads.

You can also find ready amplifiers I think from ebay or something if you don't want to bother too much.
Then you will need to add a power supply and this may be more expensive than the amplifier itself especially if you need high current.

It should do the job.
You can add the volume control in any amplifier , this is not a problem.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back