Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect the 3rd terminal resistor for TEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found there is a 3rd terminal for my current used tec,as shown below.
How should I connected the 3rd terminal,plz?

3 terminal resistor?

I think it should connect to VCC

Re: 3 terminal resistor?

since it is n-type, the third terminal (i assumed it to be the device body) should be connected to VSS.

277897909 said:

It depends on your third terminal pwell or nwell? if pwell,connect vss;if nwell,connect nwell

3 terminal resistor?

You should read the doc from foundry. Here are some descriptions about it.
Usually, we think if pwell,connect gnd; if nwell connect vdd. But if you want to get less noise, you should connect the third terminal to gnd.

here the well should an signal well which sourronding by another type well

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

protonixs said:
since it is n-type, the third terminal (i assumed it to be the device body) should be connected to VSS.

277897909 said:

The third terminal should be connected to substarte
As for as lvs is concerned there is no problem even though u mke the third terminal floating.

I think it should be connect VSS.
And you can simulate in you circuit to find its function.

3 terminal resistor?

The third terminal should be the potential that the N-poly resistor stays on.
If it is placed on Nwell connecting to VDD, the third terminal should be VDD.

hi,
For these kinds of devices you need to see if it is ppoly or npoly .In the image given it is an npoly resistor ,and the bulk should be connected like an n device ,so this 3 rd terminal should be connected to substrated potential it could be VSS,GND or any other potential whose info can be got from scematic.
Thanks,
Regards,
Roy

3 terminal resistor?

There are as many interpretations to that 3rd pin as persons seeing this topic... (and the history of it is saying I'm right...)

Usually, within the process information or manuals, there's an explanation about the COMPONENT SYMBOLS adn what does every pin stand for. The ONLY true is there... Besides that we'll still see posts sayint it could be BULK, TUB, SUBSTRATE etc, etc. until infinite...

3 terminal resistor?

I ever saw 3 terminal capacitor, same principle as the resistor?

Thank you!

3 terminal resistor?

The same principle... SOmewhere in your process information, you'll have data about what does every pin stand for... Then you'll see if your third terminal is TUB, SUBSTRATE, FIELDPLATE or whatever...

Watch out... I´m not inventing things... all the above mentioned are real possibilities but, as you might imagine, totally different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back