Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect pic 16f84a to the gsm modem kit(sim900d)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you need some wires, soldering iron, some luck and don't forget to read datasheet ;)

Hi dark_ages,

I think your gsm modem kit(sim900d) communicates via RS232-serial. Is it ?
If so, to communicate with a uC; uC should have USART module.

Your uC pic16f84a doesn't have a Hardware-USART; so you may write a software-USART (or use a software-library which most languages have).

No-hassle way for Serial communication is to use Hardware-USART at both ends. You can use pic16F628A which has USART and most of the features in pic16f84a.

Wish you success !

we're now using pic16f877a, do you know some assembly codes for accessing/controlling the sim900?...just for example in filtering the text message that is received by the GSM or replying using the pic to the text received by the GSM.....tnx

Hi,

You may find it in this forum (and use search engine);
Wish you luck,

i hope help you
**broken link removed**

it exactly what you need step by step to work with this sim900d

i've got the sim900_hd_v1.02.pdf file...now my problem is how to access the activity of GSM modem using the pic16f877a.
any help plz...

tnx for the advice....

i think you will do it with using the ASM programmation

we're using the mplab ide software to program the pic, but we dont know what we're going to code, what declarations should we make.
is it possible to use AT commands in assembly?
ex. AT+CMGS

hey DARK_AGES...contact me if u want ur project to run... im from Cebu Philippines... you can view in youtube my vidz rgrding gsm modules interfacing to PIC using C langauge... just search "homermike" sa youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back