Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect micro controller circuit to 12v, 7ah battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

udayp

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to connect micro controller circuit to 12volts 7ah lead acid battery.

my circuit is having one stepper motor of 12volts and IR sensor board using lm324
and 89s52 mc. now its working on 12volts 1amp transformer i just want to connect that circuit to 12volt battery.

If you are already using 5V regulator ic for microcontroller and 12V regulator ic for driver ic lm324 you can connect the battery to the circuit... For safety you can use protecting fuse of 500mA - 1.5A....

Hello,
You canhave a fuse for the stepper motor, to protect it from over-current.
And an another fuse rearmable with a voltage regulator or a small step down converter.
Sorry for my english.
regards
JoseMiguel

Hello,
You canhave a fuse for the stepper motor, to protect it from over-current.
And an another fuse rearmable with a voltage regulator or a small step down converter.
Sorry for my english.
regards
JoseMiguel

you are mistaken... I am talking about power supply circuit and not about the stepper motor circuit... And here the fuse will be first connection from the battery positive terminal...

"If you are already using 5V regulator ic for microcontroller and 12V regulator ic for driver ic lm324 you can connect the battery to the circuit... For safety you can use protecting fuse of 500mA - 1.5A...."

Thanks for replay sir
If i connect 12v 7 ah battery to the MCU circuit means due to high current it may burn can you please tell me how it works?. or do i need to use a resistor in place of fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back