Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect LEDs and switches to control xc9536xl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piechur

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i just started play with cpld. i build jtag programer, write some easy code in vhdl, program the chip and now i want to see some efects...
can anyone give me some example how to connect some led's and switches to control the xc9536xl?

Re: Start witch xc9536xl

If you've already wrote VHDL code, I suppose you are familiar with digital logic design. What the problem then? Simply have some digital inputs, which you drive with proper logic voltages through switches, and connect the outputs of the CPLD to the LED. Check the datasheet that the 9536xl can drive directly a LED. If not, make an (inverting) buffer with a NPN transistor.

Start witch xc9536xl

Have a look to **broken link removed**

Thanks for this links. There is another one **broken link removed** or **broken link removed**. But how to connect switchtes to this CPLD? :)

Ps. Ok evrything is working. I'dont know pin nr. 3 on XC9536XL don't work properly.

hi, i have a friend in Vietnam, he asked me to buy a IC names XC9536XL - CPLD ( complex programmable logic device), he's studying about those things and we dont have that IC in VN, but the problems is i dont know what it is, i dont know how it looks like. All i need now is a picture of it (exactly the one he needs) so i could go buy it.
Is anyonw here can help me with it?
thanks a lot.

Added after 18 minutes:

hi, hehe
i already know how it looks like, now i need to know where to buy it:D
im in southern california, garden grove :)

Start witch xc9536xl

It is manufactured by Xilinx. Ask your friend for the full part number, because XC9536XL is just the prefix.

You can buy some parts directly from Xilinx. Try this:
**broken link removed**

Another easy way is mail-order from Digikey:
https://www.digikey.com/

Or maybe try the big distributors. Here's a list:
**broken link removed**

hi, echo47
thanks for your help, i asked him, and he said something like: it's PLCC and has 44 something, i dont know what exactly it is, i found it from the link you gave me,
PRODUCT : XC9536XL
DESCRIPTION : 44 PIN PLCC
ADAPTER P/N : HW-133-PC44

i dont know if that it is, but i dont know how to purchase it. do you have any pics of it? so i know how it looks like and i'll make sure that's the right one :)

thank you :)

Start witch xc9536xl

Xilinx calls their 44-pin PLCC package a "PC44". That narrows it down to one of five different parts. Grab the XC9536XL data sheet, look on pages 7-8, and choose the one you need:
**broken link removed**

Here are the PC44 package specs:
**broken link removed**

You can order the part from one of the above mentioned web sites, if they have stock. I think they all take credit cards.

thanks man

thank you, echo47, i already got the 9536xl 5pc44c, anh i shipped them to vietnam for my friend, thanks for your help :) Have a nice Thanksgiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back