Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect HC-05 bluetooth module with PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkt_167

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have connected HC-05 with MSP430 and now I want to send data to my computer like 1,2,3 etc. I am able to add HC-05 to the list of bluetooth Devices but I am not able to connect and receive data?

Hi,

Did you perform pairing with "1234"?

Before pairing it is in AT mode. Avoid to accidentely transmit other data from microcontroller to HC-05 before pairing.
Sending 1,2,3 means what format?
Be sure to send "1", "2", "3" as string in ASCII format to get visible results on the PC side.
What is on PC side as receiving software? Try a terminal program.

Klaus

Hi,

Did you perform pairing with "1234"?

Before pairing it is in AT mode. Avoid to accidentely transmit other data from microcontroller to HC-05 before pairing.
Sending 1,2,3 means what format?
Be sure to send "1", "2", "3" as string in ASCII format to get visible results on the PC side.
What is on PC side as receiving software? Try a terminal program.

Klaus

Firstly, I am pairing HC-05 with my laptop and pairing their only with code "1234".After finding the connected COM port I am directly using it in my code to receive data. I am transmitting "1","2" and "3" in integer format. Receiving software is visual studio (Developing a application to control PowerPoint as per numbers received "1","2" and "3")

Hi!
As suggested by KlausST you have to send the numbers in ASCII i.e.
putch('A');
or if you are directly writing it in assembly to some transmit register then you can simply write it as REG = '1';
where REG is the transmit register of your particular microcontroller.
Moreover check the data that is received by the PC side using any serial terminal.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back