Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect GND=0V to the outside of circuit (PAD) in symmetrical supply power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahirmis_ic

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

To have a symmetrical supply power of my design, I have put the VDDA to +1.65 (techno AMC c35 3.3V) and VSSA to -1.65V. And I have several blocs that have one node to GND=0V (for example the positive input of the integrator amp-op). As I have finished the circuit layout, I want to add I/O pads to finalize my circuit. I have different types of pads offered in the PDK : for the power I/O AVDD3ALLP and AGND3ALLP and for the signals I/O APRIOP. I don't know how should I consider GND=0V ? as a supply ? or as a signal ? How should I connect GND=0 to the outside?

Thank you,

The Gnd connected to the NI input of my bloc amplifier is considered as a reference equals to 0 V. So, I think that I should to connect it as a signal using I/O APRIOP PAD!

Is your load located on or off the pcb? The load is where you connect a power-carrying 0V ground wire. If the load is off the pcb, then the pcb may not need to have a power-carrying 0V ground wire on it.

for example the positive input of the integrator amp-op

Yes, this needs a 0V ground wire. It is a good idea to keep it separate from a power-carrying ground wire, in case the pcb has both.

- - - Updated - - -

0V ground is the node between your power sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back