Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect a mobile with DB-9 serial port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayan_trivedi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all...

I want to interface my mobile Directly with PC using serial port DB-9.

i have four connection in mobile and in DB-9 there is 9-pin..

how can i connect it...??

direct interfacing will possible or any control circuit between this required..??

DB-9 Interface

Do you even think before posting?

at least give the model number of the Mobile, dude.

Re: DB-9 Interface

eXnol said:
Do you even think before posting?

at least give the model number of the Mobile, dude.

ok.......i want to connect 3110 with PC.....

how can i connect it directly using DB-9..

DB-9 Interface

In some cases out of the 9 pins only 3 pins are required for the operation with DB9 pin 2,3 and 5 hence if thses 3 pins are present you can perform the operations however i am sure about it in ur connection. u can try out this option also.

I think u cannot interface 3110 directly to PC using DB9 because the four pins in 3110 are USB interface. U can interface it with PC using USB port. But If u still want to interface it with serial port of PC then u have to use USB to serial converter.

OR

Use any other mobile phone which has serial interface i.e. TX and RX. Normally the old models of sony ericsson have serial interface like T610, T630, J300, K500 etc.

masifshahzad said:
I think u cannot interface 3110 directly to PC using DB9 because the four pins in 3110 are USB interface. U can interface it with PC using USB port. But If u still want to interface it with serial port of PC then u have to use USB to serial converter.

OR

Use any other mobile phone which has serial interface i.e. TX and RX. Normally the old models of sony ericsson have serial interface like T610, T630, J300, K500 etc.

There is serial interface available with nokia 3310 can i use it...??

how pin of DB-9 will be connected with mobile...

i want ckt diagram...:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back