Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to connect a CD player to a car cassette player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

unlving

Cd to car cassete player

How can you connect a portable cd player to a car cassete player without using those special cd to digital cassete adapter?

Re: Cd to car cassete player

You cant really unless your head unit has got line input on it. There might be away to do it but it means stripping the head unit down finding the shcematic to your car stero and make some connections internal at line level so basicily to much hard work just buy the tape it cost me 5 english pounds theres no easy way

wizpic

There use to be radios in the shape of a cassette If you can get a hold on one of those Im'shure it should be possible to modify it to accept stereo sound.

Cd to car cassete player

I'll try to build a stereo radio transceiver for my cd-player and transmit the audio signals to the radio cassete player!

Think about the way that video recorders are linked to old TC sets. The recorder is linked between antena and TV. The recorder transmit the data into a dedicated freuency band. So for your project this means you need to build a sender that transmit your cd audio into lets say the upper limit of the FM band e.g. 108MHz. Lot of effort! but will work.

I made such a device,it is stereo and very small.It consumes about 3mA from a 9V battery.I never used it after I made it but nevertheless it can be useful for some other people,I think.

Cd to car cassete player

There are cassette shaped adapters which are stereo
with a small cable with a 3.5 jack on it.
One of my friend got a RF transmitter for his MP3
player but i did not like it's sound, there was a
disturbing high freq noise on it, altrough it doesn't
need AUX input...

Zed

Hello

I have built my adapter using empty cassette case, I have put a magnetic pickup head I got from old cassette player, I hav used 100 Ω resistor in series to each input of the head for protection purposes.

Regards

You used to be able ot buy an mp3 player in the shape of a cassette.

As previously mentioned, the sound was terrible, however.

TC

Hello

Don't be arrogant, I did not say I built mp3 player ??

I said I built an interface using an old cassete case, to connect the output of mp3 player to car stereo.

Regards

Cd to car cassete player

It's way easy, if the radio is new, try to locate the output of the L and R outputs of the tuner board cut them, and put a switch between radio and mp3 input.
Analyse the Radios's Ic's datasheets to find the audio input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back