Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to configure wlan between 2 laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

george1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wlan

I have 2 laptop. both have Wifi.
How to do configure wlan?
Any software required to configure wlan
thnx

Re: wlan

george1 said:
thnx

I don't think so. Both laptops should pick up the signal on its own, unless they're fighting for the same address in which case you may have to change the address.

have you got the wireless hop too? without it wlan is not possible.

I have 2 laptop. both have Wifi.
How to do configure wlan?
In case, the laptops are wi-fi enabled you don't need any external software.
In computer-to-computer wireless network, wireless stations connect each other directly, rather than through wireless access points. This is called as ad-hoc networking. You can connect your wi-fi enabled laptop with another wi-fi enabled laptop by changing the settings as -
1. turn on the wireless in both laptop.
2. Go to Start menu- Settings-Network Connections-Wireless Network Connection-In the Related Task Change the order of Preferred Network-Wireless Networks –Preferred Networks-Advanced-enable the computer- to- computer(ad-hoc) networks only.

And then both laptops can see each other and can connect……..

-Sidd

Status
Not open for further replies.