Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to configure Spartan using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkchau

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to configure Spartan using FLASH ROM (29F010,..) and microcontroller 8051. Can anybody help me?
Thanks

is not too hard to make it.
Before you need to create from ise or any tool the right bitstream not as prom file.
After you need to link this FPGA pins at 8051
CCLK - DIN - DONE and Program and connet M=-M1-M2 as Serial Slave.
The third step is read carefully the Xilinx data sheet that explain the right dlow to program FPGA.
Bye.

Have a look to this X!l!nx App.

**broken link removed**

and this answer:

**broken link removed**

-Maestor

I have made a board with a Spartan, a 80552 and FLASH,RAM ....
To program the XILINX i used the UART on the 80552. So it is very fast.
It works very fine.

I have do so before,It only need some knowlege of the ".bit" file format and the configure procedure of xilinx FPGA.All can be found on XILINX web site.

May anybody give some PCBs of PROTELL?
I will be very appreciate ,if you do so.
thanks again!

I'm trying to implement writing, reading and get id from a flash prom (SPARTAN 3) using 8051.

If anybody can give me a few hints I appreciate it. I'm a newbie to xilinx and this is driving me nuts. I tried using oregano's 8051 but I got stuck when implementing the memories. I have to program my 8051 ROM and write it to flash PROM, or did I miss something here?

ps: all the links listed above no longer work :(

XAPP058

it works !

You have to download source code from xilinx website and modified (just a little).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back