Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compare the schematic and PCB difference in Expedition PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapport

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If we are reusing old layout with new schematic and if the some of the old layout components are no longer in use according to new schematic netlist, how to find those difference in expedition PCB?

I am not sure what you try to accomplish. If you want to compare the parts of the new schematic against the old layout simply generate a BOM for both. Although you should know already because you are changing the schematic.

During forward annotation, expedition can get rid of all the parts and nets that are removed in the schematic.

If this does not help you, please explain wath you want to accomplish

My case is I have very few changes in the schematic. Since it is a revision of older PCB layout, I am trying to use the old layout by annotating the schematic with the existence of old placement. While forward annotate, if we use the option "change unused parts to spare" it will not delete the unused part in the layout and it will remain as NET 0 component. Those components will not come into the BOM if we generate. So in order to find these component mismatch between the schematic and layout do you know any way to find the difference?

I'm not particularly familiar with Expedition, but "change unused parts to spare" doesn't sound appropriate, you rather would want to delete it.

Yes, those components need to be delete. In some cases, there is a chance to forgot to delete those components. To avoid that I need a solution by comparing the schematic and layout as PADS have the option to compare the schematic and layout.

I expected, that Expedition would provide an option to delete the components automatically during forward annotation. Other PCB tools do.

Expedition has the option to delete the unused part to delete. I need some part need not to get delete in the layout, because I will change those parts with alternative cell. Other than that other components need to get delete. In this case I use "change unused parts to spare" option to remain the components I need to change with alternative cell. Unfortunately I forgot to delete some components I don't want in the layout. In order to find those components if the tool has option like ECO difference it will helpful to find these difference. But expedition has no ECO different option. So I am searching for alternate way to optimize this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back