How to compare data in EEPROM with other i/p data!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manar1

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
im working on my graduation project..and i need some help to write the code for my Pic,,
How can compare a data entering from the serial port, with a data already installed in the EEPROM,,and according to that ,some specific word will appear on the LCD?!!

more details:
An RFID reader will read some serial number out of a Tag,then it will transmits this number to the Pic (using the serail port, "RC7 Pin")...i want to compare this number with a data base "containing all possible serial numbers for the tags", and match only one of them ,then out this match on the LCD!!

i really need your help as soon as possible!!!
Thnx

Added after 8 minutes:

Sorry..i forgot to mention that im using "PIC16f877"..

Maybe i'm not absolutely clear but i think it's not a difficult job. basic algorithm can be like this:
let's say you are having 50 values in eeprom

1. start reading from 0 address of EEprom
2. read value of eeprom
3. compare this value with value received from RFID reader .
4. if same stop here, else increment eeprom address and got to step 2.(do this for 50 possible values)
5. show result on lcd

Thnx alot for your help lats..

im using MicroC,but actually,im not expert in writing C codes..w i dont have enough time to learn it now:s..i'll be Gratefull if you can help me in the code itself, the syntax,Libraries,,,,cz these days im working on some other main part of my GP.
Thnx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…