Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to compare ASK,PSK &FSK

Status
Not open for further replies.
more explanation is in section 7.6.10 and figure 7.66 of this book:

communication systems by Proakis and Salehi, 2002, Prentice-Hall

Make sure you use the proper conditions for each situation. For peak power limited systems the ranking above is correct. For average power limited systems ASK and FSK have the same error rate for the same transmitter average power.

ok intrems of power requirements,ASK is a weeker technique. I THINK I'm right
plz correct me if it is wrong

PSK will work at 3 dB lower power than FSK which will work at 3 dB lower power than ASK if we are using peak power limited systems.

As nature is always against you, ASK is easier to do than FSK which is easier to do than PSK.

ASK: In ASk you have to use different amplitudes so there is a higher consumption of power and it is more prone to noise.

FSK: In fsk there are different frequencies used so more bandwidth is required.FSK is a better option as far as noise rejection is concerned.
IT is less prone to noise.

PSK: I think PSK is the best option because in a fixed bandwidth we can obtain many formats by changin the phase by small amounts.
also psk is very less prone to noise.

So there sequence is as:

1-PSK
2-FSK
3-ASK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back