Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to communicate 2 PICs with xbee chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faizan Jawaid

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have bought 2 xbee chip antennas from sparkfun.com. I need a simple network to make communication between 2 pic microcontrollers serially...Please teach me the method to make 2 radios talk to each other.

xbee pic microcontroller

If your PICs are 3.3V, all you need to do is to connect xbees to serial ports of your PICs and communicate as usual.

xbee net view

thanks...But I've tried and they don't...the radios need to be programmed to make a small network...

how to connect a xbee with pic

Hi,

Check this out :

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

xbee usb explorer examples

thanks...but the links provided are not working in my case...please advice....

xbee com pic

Faizan Jawaid said:
thanks...But I've tried and they don't...the radios need to be programmed to make a small network...

They should be able to connect out of the box. If you can't make it work, I suggest getting a PC interface for Xbee, like USB Explorer, to use with X-CTU to troubleshoot.

connet pic to xbee

They won't chat out of the box, they have to be connected first much like a pair of modems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back