Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to combine PIC MCU and PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ergen

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pic and PC Combining

Hi there!
Can anybody light my way about how to combine Pic mcu and pc? How to design circuit and write firmware for pic? All comments are welcome.

Thank you!

Ergen

Microcontroller networking and PC interfacing

Hi!

Why don't you look under "Microcontroller networking and PC interfacing" section. There are plenty information on that matter.

Regards,

Thank you but i cannot see any useful information about my project.Any other suggestions?

Ergen

Please specify what is your application, so we can help, there are millions of interfaces beetween PIC's and PC's on internet, we need more information about your need.

8)

I want to read and write to an eprom via Pic mcu.For example i would like to store 1 kb string to the eprom and read it back.thats all :lol: I would like to use serial port for this job.I'd like to use COM1 to store and read
Thanks.

To connect a serial Eeprom to PIC take a look to microchip web page, in the apps there are some applications to use serial eeproms like 24cxx and 93cxx.

To connect PIC to PC via serial port, you must use a driver to RS-232 level. See the MAX232 chip or any equivalent that converts 0-5v levels to -12 to 12V levels.

In the microchip apps there are too, the way to do the UART, or the way to make the serial comunnication, at differents bauds rates.

If PIC is 16C65, 16C67, 16F877, or more they have an UART and it's easiest to use.

Hope it helps, good luck :arrow:

Thank you very much.I can design the schematic but i cannot write a program for it.Because i have no experience about this project.If i upload the schematic can anybody write a software for me? Or can anyone design and write firmware for it? I'm sorry i have not any information about it :oops:

Take a look at the apps, there're the sources too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back